Ibrahim Abedelsalam Yousif Mohammed
Tel: + : +249 912390684
Date of: January 1957
Marital Status: Married
1982 MVSc. in Veterinary Science, University of Khartoum, Sudan
1987 MSc. in Animal Production (Genetics and Animal Breeding), University of Khartoum , Sudan Thesis Title Phenotypic and Genetic Variation in Body Weight of the Indigenous Chicken.
1992 Ph.D in Poultry Science (Poultry Breeding ), Ohio State University, USA Thesis Title Restricted Selection Index as Applied to Selection for Body Composition in Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix Japonica)
4.1 Teaching Undergraduate courses in the Faculty of Animal Production, University of Khartoum. (General Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Population Genetics, Quantitative Genetics, Animal Breeding and Applied Animal Breeding.)
4.2 Teaching Post graduate courses in the Faculty of Animal Production ( Advanced Animal Breeding in Tropics, advanced Dairy Breeding, Poultry Breeding, General genetics)
4.3 Teaching undergraduate courses in other institutes (Introduction to Animal Genetics, Population Genetics, Animal Breeding, Introduction to Genetic Engineering)
• Uof K Journal of Agricultural Sciences
• Arab Agricultural Research Journal ( in Arabic) ,
• Arab Organization for Agricultural Development
• Sudan Journal of Animal Production
• University of Khartoum Senate
• Advisory Committee for Academic Studies (U of K)
• Committee for Admission and Registration (U of k)
• Chairperson of the Faculty of Animal Production Board
• Sudanese Veterinary Association
• Sudanese Veterinary Council
• Dean Faculty of Animal Production (U of K)
• Dean of Student Affairs ( U of K)
• Head. Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding Faculty of Animal Production
• Deputy Principal (Uof K)
• Supervised 15 MSc. and 4 Ph.D Students
• Supervised 20 BS.c graduate student dissertation
-I shag I.A and I.A. Yousif, 2002. Some factors influencing the productive and
reproductive traits of crossbred cows raised under Sudan condition. The Third Scientific Agricultural Sciences Conference, Faculty of Agriculture Assiut University Vol. II
-Yousif, I. A and I.A Isharg, 2002. Genetic and Phenotypic Relationships for the First Calving Traits of Sudanese Crossbred Dairy Cattle, the Third Scientific Agricultural Sciences Conference, Faculty of Agriculture, Assist UniversityVol. II
-I.A. Yousif and A.A. Fadl El- Moula, 2006.Characterization of Kenana Cattle Breed and its Production Environment. Animal Genetic Resource Information 38,47-57.
- I.A. Yousif, K.M. Elamin, H.A. Wageeala and A.A. Rahman,2003. Estimates of Genetic and Phenotypic Parameters for Egg Production Traits in Indigenous Fowl of Sudan. The Sudan Journal of Animal Production. 16, 40-47.
- K.M. Elamin, I.A. Yousif and A.A Rahman, 2004. Evaluation of Egg QualityTraits of the Sudanese Large Beladi Fowl. The Sudan Journal of Animal Production, 17, 78-85.
- Mekki Dafaalla mohammed, Yousif Ibrahim Abdalsalam, Abdel Rahman Mohmmed Kheir, Wang Jin- yu and Musa Hassan Hussein, 2005. Growth
- Performance of Indigenous X Exotic Crosses of Chicken and Evaluation of General and Specific Combing Ability under Sudan Condition. Interrnational Journal of Poultry Science. 4, 468- 471.
- Mekki Dafaalla Mohammed, Yousif Ibrahim Abdalsalam, Abdelrahman Mohammed Kheir, Wang Jin- yu and Musa Hassan Hussein, 2005.
- Comparison of the Egg Characteristics of Different Sudanese Indigenous Chicken Types. 4, 455- 457.